Intermittent catheterization is critical in managing urinary retention or bladder-related diseases, contributing to comfort, preserving hygiene, and fostering independence. It involves inserting and removing a catheter several times daily to empty the bladder. While this catheterization method is associated with its fair share of possible complications like a raised risk of urinary tract infection, advancements in medical technology have led to the development of cutting-edge urological products like the advanced plus intermittent catheters that drastically reduce risks linked to intermittent catheterization, at the same time, offering many benefits to individuals who need catheterization.
This article will emphasize the features and benefits of this top-notch catheter.
What You Should Know About Advanced Plus Catheters
Advance Plus intermittent catheter is a sterile, single-use medical device designed to assist individuals with urinary retention in draining their bladder effectively and comfortably. It is a No-touch catheter system that strikes the ideal balance between protection and ease of use in the comfort of a closed system.
Advance Plus catheters are typically made with Phthalates-free polyvinyl chloride material, preventing latex-linked allergic reactions. These catheters' touch-free design implies that it has a protective mechanism that safeguards the sterile catheter against microorganisms found in the initial part of the distal urethra. Other features of these catheters include;
- Large volume urine bag: These catheters come with a 1.5-liter capacity urine bag that allows easy urine drainage and prevents frequent bag changes.
- An integrated gel reservoir: This feature eliminates the need for an external lubricant and safe costs. It also allows users to adjust the catheter’s lubrication as they desire.
The Benefits of Advance Plus Catheters
Some of the unique advantages of this excellent internal catheter provide include;
- Optimal Infection Control: Advance Plus intermittent catheters are manufactured with the highest sterility and safety standards. The packaging is designed to maintain a sterile environment until use. The catheters are also coated with an antibacterial agent that helps reduce the risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs). This added infection control measure is particularly vital for individuals who require long-term catheter use.
- User-Friendly Design: The design of Advance Plus catheters prioritizes user comfort and ease of use. They feature an ergonomic handle, providing a secure grip during insertion and withdrawal. The catheter also has smooth, rounded eyelets to facilitate optimal drainage without irritating the urethra. The flexible and soft material enhances flexibility while maintaining structural integrity, ensuring a gentle and comfortable insertion process.
- Ready-to-Use Convenience: These catheters come pre-hydrated and ready to use right out of the package. The sterile water or saline solution enclosed in the packaging activates the hydrophilic coating. This pre-hydration eliminates the need to carry additional water or lubricating solutions, making it highly convenient for users needing to catheterize while on the go. The straightforward process saves time and ensures a hygienic and hassle-free experience.
- Discreetness and Portability: Advance Plus catheters are designed to be discreet and portable. The compact and discreet packaging allows users to carry them in a purse or pocket. This feature grants individuals greater freedom and confidence to engage in daily activities, travel, and participate in social events without drawing attention to their catheterization needs.
ConclusionAdvance Plus intermittent catheters have transformed catheter technology, providing numerous benefits to patients requiring intermittent catheterization and substantially enhancing the quality of life for patients with urinary retention.